Take the guesswork out of cooking without dairy, soy, gluten, egg or meat
The Alternative Kitchen is a cookbook with a mission to inspire and offer tasty solutions for people who can't or don't eat dairy, soy, gluten, egg or meat
You'll love this book if
- You have a food intolerance
- Are vegetarian or vegan
- Want to bring more whole foods into your cooking
Get to know our book better... watch this video
In the book we've included all the recipes from the 5 episodes in the pilot season of the show as well as 35 extra recipes.
It's a book for beginners - and we've covered the areas that you find the most tricky to tackle in those early weeks - things like:
- Breakfasts : What to have with your cereal or coffee if you can't have dairy milk, how to make delicious milk shakes and more
- Dips & Spreads :Delicious options you can put on your lunch, eat as a snack or take to share at a party
- Dressings & Condiments : Delicious recipes to make salads and steamed veggies tastier
- Cold drinks & Party drinks : Something tasty for those warm summer evenings and special occasions
- Family meal ideas :Recipe ideas that everyone can enjoy
We've also included information to help you get started like:
- Where you can find the ingredients used in the recipes
- Alternative measure guides to help you switch between metric, Imperial and US measures
- How to prepare legumes, nuts and seeds
As well as some bonus resources:
- Including bonus video resources to help demonstrate top tips and techniques
- Bonus recipes
- Bonus information articles
The book is beautifully laid out with easy to navigate sections,
easy to follow recipes, with easy to find ingredients
With the book & our bonus resources we'll show you how to turn your home kitchen into an Alternative Chef Kitchen
With the recipes and tips in this book you'll:
- Learn which handy alternatives you can use
- Feel more confident cooking with these alternatives
- Get some Family Meal Ideas that everyone can eat so you aren't cooking multiple dishes.
- Get more tips on how to do more with the equipment you already have in your kitchen, without feeling like you have to go out and buy a lot of new expensive items.
"While the Alternative Kitchen's cook book may not be specifically geared towards food allergy families, we have found it to be incredibly helpful in our home. The information at the beginning of the book makes understanding alternative diets, whether it's from allergies, lifestyle or choice, easier to understand. The recipes are also easy to understand and have become staples in our house! One of our favorites is the Creamy Avocado Mayo. It's heavenly!"
Holly Gardner is a mother of a child with multiple allergies and she is the co-founder of a Safe Happy Family which produces a range of kitchen wares helping families with children with severe allergies live safer, happier lives.
This very clever book offers tools, techniques and substitutes for those who need to cook without using common ingredients. It’s a must-have for anyone who has a dietary intolerance.
Amanda McInerney is a food and travel writer, she blogs at Lambs' Ears & Honey, she write the 'Talking Fork' column for the Adelaide Hills Magazine, and she's the co-founder of Food Bloggers Australia.
Rebecca Carden is the Founder & Co-Director of My Goodness Organics which delivers ready made healthy, nutritious whole food meals to homes in Melbourne, Australia.