2021 REVISED AND UPDATED VERSION AVAILABLE
If you've downloaded this book prior to 2021, there's now an update available.
- To get the updated version on Amazon, log into your account, go to 'manage devices and books' and then search for the book title (e.g. 'tasty toppings') beside the book title will be an option that says 'update'
- To get the updated version on apple books/ ibooks, open the ibooks app on your phone or ipad. Go to your account info by clicking on the person icon. Then underneath your name will be the heading 'updates' click on that, and follow the prompts.
- If you've read the book on a different platform check with their platform how to ensure you can download the most recent version.
We’ve mentioned a lot of resources in the Light Meals book and you can find the links to all of them here.
VIDEO DEMONSTRATIONS OF RECIPES
To check out all our episodes visit alternativechefkitchen.com/episodes
To check out the Pizza Episode video for recipes in this book click here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-pizza-episode-s210/
- Lisa’s Hidden Veggie Sauce
- Hayley's Raw Vegan Pizza Bases (with Toppings from our Tasty Toppings Book - you can get that free click here).
- Glenys’ Potato Pizza
To check out the Barbecue Episode video for recipes in this book click here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-bbq-episode-s2e02/
- Anne’s Coleslaw
- Lisa’s Meatless Patties
- Glenys’ Sizzling Sausages
Watch the Tasty Cheese Quick Bite Episode Here.https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-tasty-cheese-epsiode/
Watch how to make our Sweet Potato Pastry here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-tasty-pastry-episode/
Watch Glenys make a hard-boiled egg alternative in
The Curried Egg (without Egg) Episode
Watch Lisa make a butter alternative episode: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-homemade-dairy-free-butter-episode/.
Watch Hayley make the rice alternative here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-rice-alternative-episode/
Watch Lisa make a soy-free dipping sauce here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-dipping-sauce-without-soy-episode/
Watch how to grind the nori to a fine powder for the Something's Fishy Fingers here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/s3e1-tuna-free-tuna/
To watch the video of Glenys preparing legumes “from scratch” check out this YouTube video
To watch the video of Lisa showing you how to get a smoother puree with a bench top blender check out this YouTube video.
To watch the video of Lisa showing you how to get a smoother puree with a food processor check out this YouTube video.
Stick blender tips https://alternativechefkitchen.com/making-the-most-of-your-stick-blender/
Salty substitutes. https://alternativechefkitchen.com/7-simple-plant-based-salty-substitutes/
Making Gluten-Free Flour blends: https://happytummies.com.au/blogs/other-information/gluten-free-flour-everything-you-need-to-know
View the Alternative Measures (cooking chart) and the Legume, Nuts and Seeds Basic Soaking Guide, here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/lbaf-common-resources/
SOME EXTRA INFO
More Information about coeliac disease:: https://www.coeliac.org.au/s/coeliac-disease
Information about eating oats if you have coeliac disease (read the Coeliac Australia position paper on this issue): https://www.coeliac.org.au/s/the-gluten-free-diet
Food Standards Australia and New Zealand allergen list and wheat, soy, egg, dairy, peanut, tree nut and sesame info sheets: https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/consumer/foodallergies/allergies/Pages/default.aspx
Food Standards Australia and New Zealand tree nut info sheet: https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/consumer/foodallergies/allergies/Pages/Tree-nuts.aspx
* There are no affiliate links in this list.