2021 REVISED AND UPDATED VERSION AVAILABLE
If you've downloaded this book prior to 2021, there's now an update available.
- To get the updated version on Amazon, log into your account, go to 'manage devices and books' and then search for the book title (e.g. 'tasty toppings') beside the book title will be an option that says 'update'
- To get the updated version on apple books/ ibooks, open the ibooks app on your phone or ipad. Go to your account info by clicking on the person icon. Then underneath your name will be the heading 'updates' click on that, and follow the prompts.
- If you've read the book on a different platform check with their platform how to ensure you can download the most recent version.
We’ve mentioned a lot of resources in the Kids Party Food book and you can find the links to all of them here.
VIDEO DEMONSTRATIONS OF RECIPES
To check out all our episodes visit alternativechefkitchen.com/episodes
Watch the Kids Party Episode here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/allergy-intolerance-friendly-kids-party-food-s2e11/
- Fruit Juice Jelly
- Fresh Cordial
- Fruit Ice Lollies
- Hayley's Chocolate
Watch the Chocolate Cakes Episode here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-chocolate-cake-episode-s2012/
- Lisa's Self-saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Hayley's White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Glenys' Chocolate Layer Cake
Watch the Ice Cream Episode here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-dairy-free-ice-cream-episode-s203/
- Lisa's Coconut Cream Ice Cream
- Hayley's Banana Ice Cream
- Glenys Berry Delicious Ice Cream
Watch the Butter Episode here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-homemade-dairy-free-butter-episode/
Watch the Vanilla Shortbread Episode here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-vanilla-shortbread-episode/
Watch the Tasty Pastry Episode here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-tasty-pastry-episode/
Watch the Buckwheat Crackles Episode here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-buckwheat-crackles-episode/
EXTRA TECHNIQUE TIPS
To watch the video of Glenys preparing legumes “from scratch” check out this YouTube video
To watch the video of Lisa showing you how to get a smoother puree with a bench top blender check out this YouTube video.
To watch the video of Lisa showing you how to get a smoother puree with a food processor check out this YouTube video.
Stick blender tips: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/making-the-most-of-your-stick-blender/
View the Alternative Measures (cooking measure conversion chart) and Legume, Nuts and Seeds Basic Soaking Guide, here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/lbaf-common-resources/
For more cake decorating & kids party ideas check out these blog posts:
This one for a simple party: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/have-your-dairy-soy-gluten-and-egg-free-cake-and-eat-it-too/
This one for some great ideas on making free-from parties fun: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-fun-free-from-themed-kids-birthday-cakes-and-parties/
Making Gluten-Free Flour blends: https://happytummies.com.au/blogs/other-information/gluten-free-flour-everything-you-need-to-know
SOME EXTRA INFO
More Information about coeliac disease: https://www.coeliac.org.au/s/coeliac-disease
About eating oats if you have coeliac disease (read the Coeliac Australia position paper on this issue): https://www.coeliac.org.au/s/the-gluten-free-diet
Food Standards Australia and New Zealand list of allergens and info sheets for wheat, dairy, soy, egg, peanut, tree nuts and sesame: https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/consumer/foodallergies/allergies/Pages/default.aspx
Food Standards Australia and New Zealand tree nut info sheet: https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/consumer/foodallergies/allergies/Pages/Tree-nuts.aspx
* There are no affiliate links in this list.
OTHER BOOKS BY ALTERNATIVE CHEF KITCHEN