If I had to pick a favourite vegetable, it would be white potato. When it comes to spring, I start to make my dairy-free version of my sister’s potato salad. It’s really yummy, and a great little dish to take to BBQs .
Here’s what you need to make it:
- 4-6 potatoes boiled with skins on (if organic)(each potato cut into roughly 6-8 pieces)
- 1-2 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 1-2 tbs mayonnaise that suits your diet (we’ve got some recipe ideas in our Mayonnaise episode if you don’t eat eggs)
- 1 tsp honey whole grain mustard (use a brand that suits your diet)
- 1 can chick peas
- Kinda smoky bacon pieces (a little go a long way so just a tiny sprinkle)(this is a vegan bacon alternative)
- 1-2 hard-boiled eggs diced up (if you don’t eat eggs you can use tofu lightly fried in olive oil if soy suits your diet – or just omit it, it taste’s just as yummy without:-)
- a small handful of rocket
- red onion in place of spring onion works nicely too
Just mix it all together and eat!
So easy! I make up a big batch and enjoy the left overs the next day for lunch.
This recipe is from our Light Meals book. So if you’re looking for more salad and light meal inspiration, check it out here: