2021 REVISED AND UPDATED VERSION AVAILABLE
If you've downloaded this book prior to 2021, there's now an update available.
- To get the updated version on Amazon, log into your account, go to 'manage devices and books' and then search for the book title (e.g. 'tasty toppings') beside the book title will be an option that says 'update'
- To get the updated version on apple books/ ibooks, open the ibooks app on your phone or ipad. Go to your account info by clicking on the person icon. Then underneath your name will be the heading 'updates' click on that, and follow the prompts.
- If you've read the book on a different platform check with their platform how to ensure you can download the most recent version.
We’ve mentioned a lot of resources in the Desserts Recipes book and you can find the links to all of them here.
VIDEO DEMONSTRATIONS OF RECIPES
To check out all our episodes visit alternativechefkitchen.com/episodes
Watch the Milk Alternative Episode here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/milk-summary/
- Anne's Oat Milk
- Lisa's Rice Milk
- Hayley's Coconut Milk (2 recipes)
- Glenys' Almond Milk
Watch the Snack Bar & Slices Episode here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-snack-bar-and-slices-episode-s206/
- Anne's Oat Slice
- Lisa's Crunchy Muesli Bar (without Nuts)
- Hayley's Raw Granola Slice
- Glenys' Choc Orange Fudge
Watch the Porridge Episode here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-creamy-dairy-free-porridge-episode-s205/
- Anne's Soy Porridge
- Lisa's Quinoa Porridge
- Hayley's Buckwheat Porridge (raw)
- Glenys' Steel-cut Oat Porridge
Watch the Cheese Episode here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-tasty-cheese-epsiode/
Watch the Butter Alternative Episode here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/the-homemade-dairy-free-butter-episode/
EXTRA TECHNIQUE TIPS
To watch the video of Glenys preparing legumes “from scratch” check out this YouTube video
To watch the video of Lisa showing you how to get a smoother puree with a bench top blender check out this YouTube video.
To watch the video of Lisa showing you how to get a smoother puree with a food processor check out this YouTube video.
Stick blender tips: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/making-the-most-of-your-stick-blender/
View the Alternative Measures (cooking measure conversion chart) and the Legume, Nuts and Seeds Basic Soaking Guide, here: https://alternativechefkitchen.com/lbaf-common-resources/
Making Gluten-Free Flour blends: https://happytummies.com.au/blogs/other-information/gluten-free-flour-everything-you-need-to-know
SOME EXTRA INFO
For more Information about coeliac disease: https://www.coeliac.org.au/s/coeliac-disease
Information about eating oats if you have coeliac disease (read the Coeliac Australia position paper on this issue) here: https://www.coeliac.org.au/s/the-gluten-free-diet
Food Standards Australia and New Zealand list of allergens and info sheets for wheat, dairy, soy, egg, peanut, tree nuts and sesame: https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/consumer/foodallergies/allergies/Pages/default.aspx
Food Standards Australia and New Zealand list of tree nuts: https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/consumer/foodallergies/allergies/Pages/Tree-nuts.aspx
* There are no affiliate links in this list.