If you’re looking for a simple summer salad, try Anne’s rainbow coleslaw from our Season 2 BBQ Episode.
It’s sweet, creamy, colourful and very easy to make.
- 1/4 Green cabbage
- 1/4 Red cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large yellow carrot
- 1 large apple (I like Fugi, but you could also use Granny Smith)
- 2-3 Tbsp of dairy and egg free mayonnaise suitable for your diet.
1. Use a food processor or mandoline slicer to slice the cabbage on the fine setting.
2. Using a hand held grater or food processor to grate the carrots and apple.
3. Add 2-3 tablespoons of your favourite home made or commercial vegan mayonnaise which is suitable for your diet (we’ve got a lot of dairy and egg free mayonnaise alternatives in the Mayonnaise Episode from Season 1 if you’re looking for a home made option.
You can watch the Mayonnaise Episode here:
And you can get the mayonnaise alternative recipe in The Little Book of Allergy-Friendly Tasty Toppings.